Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet - walkthrough (with achievements)Dodane przez Kami dnia 22.03.2016 19:10
- The Ship
- Port Rubicund
- The Guttering Howls
- El Mono
- LMB on the Mop & Slop Bucket.
- LMB on William Bloodbeard.
- Choose any dialogue options.
- LMB on the Envelope, that is on the shelf above the Mop. Nelly will take the Tag for Port Rubicund. Walk left and take the Parcel Tape and Letter Opener from the Towering Pile of Letters. Use the Tape on the Port Rubicund tag in your inventory. Then detach the Crate Label and switch it with Port Rubicund tag. Finally use the Letter Opener on Big Ol’ Crate to open the crate. Get into the box and then use the Letter Opener again (now as a Twisted Letter Opener) to create airholes.
- For accomplishing that task, you’ll get the achievement Crate Idea.
- First things first, talk to the Commodore LXIV. Now walk left to the beach and take the Plank. Also talk to Jack Tar while you’re already there.
- Go back to the Port and while standing in front of the Cabin, take the stairs up until Nelly is standing on a miniature cliff. Then use the Plank from the inventory on the Cabin Roof and walk to the Window.
- Clean up the Mess on the right (Boards will be added to the inventory) and read the Log Book. It’s a bunch of hints to the first riddle. Use the Boards from your inventory on Docking Board. Either solve the puzzle by yourself or place them as follow:
- The Wild Assertion – The Guttering Howls
- HMS Twobyfore – Scurrilous Docks
- The Wet Buscuit – Port Mustard
- Take the Stool and place it on the Floorboard on the right. Now pry open the Floorboard on the left. Nelly will get a bottle of Sleeping Pills. Take the Horseshoe that’s hanging above the door. Now open the door and get out. Nelly will automatically remove the Plank.
- Go right to the ships (this time Nelly will know exactly whom she wants to visit). Walk up to the second ship and talk to Gusty Nethers. Ok, so we need a stripy shirt, a little sailors hat and something to tie Nellys hair. Since you’re already there, walk further to the right and take the Filthy Rag that’s hanging from the platform.
A little sailors hat
- Walk up to the bird (Jeremy Gannet) that just landed in his nest and talk to him. We need to find him a crib. Look (RMB) on the Crows Nest (left to the Cabin). What a splendid market opportunity, you could nearly call it a penthouse. Return to Jeremy and he will ask Nelly to help him move. Again walk up onto that miniature cliff and use the Plank from your inventory, but this time use it on the Crows Nest. Place Jeremy in his new home to get the Hat.
- Time for the shirt. Walk all the way to the left and into the Cave. Talk to Lucky Jack (barman and commentator). He kindly gives us the password (R!dx5pF2z), so go back down and talk to the Doorman. We will return to the races in just a moment, for now just wash the Filthy Fleece from your inventory in the Washing Butt. Now go outside and back to Jack Tar on the beach. Give him the Golden Fleece from the inventory. Now to get the shirt a bit smaller, go to the Cave, behind the Curtain and wash the XXL Shirt in the Washing Butt.
Something to tie your hair
- For something to tie Nellys hair. Just pick up the Ribbon that’s laying on the floor right where all the runners are at.
- Time to take care of the King’s Shilling. Talk to Admiral Woebegone. Offer to help him in the race. Talk to every Toff and ask them about the secret to their success. Habanera is the fastest, so to slow him down – go outside and use the Horseshoe that you took from the Cabin on a bucket of Tar that stands next to the Commodore. Return to the Toffs and use the Tarry Horseshoe on Habanera’s Leg.
- If you want to get the achievement Hedge Your Bets, go to Lucky Jack every time you slow someone down and tell him that the toffs are ready to race, so that everyone can win at least once.
- To slow down Comt de Fou, use Sleeping Pills from your inventory on his Chocolates. Remember to go to Lucky Jack if you want that achievement. Laird Cavendish likes to drink whiskey. Talk to Lucky Jack and ask for two drinks – Butter Scotch and Jalapeno Tincture. Mix both drinks in your inventory and give that to Cavendish. Tell Lucky Jack that the toffs are ready and then claim your reward with Admiral Woebegone (Nelly will get the King’s Shilling).
- If you want to get the achievement Local Colour, just talk to the red haired lady that’s standing at the end of the line to the cash desk on the Racetrack.
- Now you have everything to get out of here, so go back to the Commodore and tell her that you got the King’s Shilling. Next talk to Gusty Nethers on the ship about the uniform and ask for permission to come aboard.
- For accomplishing that task, you’ll get the achievement Sell Out.
The Guttering Howls
- Pick up the Weird Shell from the beach and free Sebastian from his plastic jail. Chat with your old pal and then ask him to help you with the Blocked Path (Can you help me with something?). Give the fallen tree a good push.
- If you want to get the achievement Conversationalist, ask Sebastian for help and then use him on another character – do that 20 times with different people.
- Go into the house and talk with Rackham. So now we need to get a large copper dish and a gold-plated metal rod... oh yeah, and a ship. Take the Lever (on the floor, under Sebastians perch) and go outside. Use the Lever on the Device (small square thing between the stairs and Generator). Pull it to call the Shuttle and hitch a ride off the small island.
- Talk with Van Zandt. You can use the map now, but as usual new locations will be available when you actually visit them at least once.
Bother Justice Groat
- So let’s go bother Justice Groat. Go to the Promenade on the right and then further right to Groat Manor (you may need to walk a little further on the promenade to see the Entrance). Talk to Enid Frome – ask her to tell you about the chump on the painting and look up who’s got an appointment today in the Appointment Book. Now introduce yourself as Mary Jane Morgan and go talk with Justice Groat. To become a privateer Nelly will need to show her tactical prowess (win a game with Van Zandt), a proof of great deed (appear in a book) and admiration by the people (song).
- For our tactical prowess. Go to the Promenade and through the blue door to Harbour Master’s Office. Challenge Van Zandt to a game - he will send Nelly to Moses Melly, Quartermaster. Go outside and now through the green door on the left to the Quartermaster’s Stores. Talk with Moses Melly about the game. All you need to win is use the magnet to lift a couple of pieces. To be safe, after catching a piece just lift it straight up.
- If you win the game at your first try, you’ll get the Great Gamer of the Sea achievement.
- Return to Van Zandt and challenge him again. You won’t get even a single point, cause the game is rigged, so don’t sweat it. Go open the door and while Van Zandt is distracted with the candle get a closer look on the game. There is something on the other side of the board. Just move the arrow to the opposite side and challenge that cheater again. You’ll easily win this time, so take the broken board as a trophy (and because you’ll need proof for Justice Groat.
Admiration by the people
- To get a song about Nelly, go talk with the singer Solomon Spry on the Promenade and take a Sticker from the Sticker Case. Now venture into Shanty Town (take the stairs down on the Promenade). If you’ll walk a bit to the right, you’ll find another Conch Shell. Now you’ve got a sort of walkie-talkie.
- If you want to get the achievement Feedback Loop, use one Conch Shell on another in the inventory.
- Enter a shop with an A-Board in front of it – the Tea Shop. Talk with Nancy Curie. In particular ask her if she heard of Solomon Spry. Go outside the shop and take the Magazine that’s laying on the side of the boat. In your inventory combine the Solomon Spry Sticker with the Magazine. Return to Solomon Spry and use a Conch Shell from the inventory on him. Go to the Tea Shop and give Nancy the Magazine with Sticker and the Shell Phone from your inventory. Return to Solomon Spry once again and talk to him about his new muse.
- If you want to get the achievement Folk Hero, listen to a bunch of Solomon songs.
A proof of great deed
- Time to immortalize Nelly in a book. Go to the Tea Shop in Shanty Town. Talk with Professor Mary Jane Morgan. Ok, so we need to get information about a thief. Talk with Dr Lemuel Periwig. He’ll give us the info if Nelly will tell him the meaning of some obscure nautical words. If you don’t know their meaning, go to the next shop, which is in fact a Pub. Talk with Captain Rehab, he will tell you a story with all the expressions. If you got all the answers return to Dr Lemuel Periwig and say:
- grocklesilver – A mineral often mistaken for silver
- hobshank – A wooden leg under an enchantment or curse
- glozzy – A pirate’s glass eye
- oakfamble – A wooden replacement for a lost hand
- sally-packet – A ship on its first voyage
- If you want to get the achievement Hidden Object, look (RMB) at every single thing in the hideout.
- Take the Book and return it to Professor Morgan.
- Now return to Justice Groat and present all three proofs, that Nelly deserves to be a privateer (remember that you can use the map). From your inventory give him the Amputation, Shell Phone and Book. Nelly will get Papers of Marque, meaning that she is a privateer now.
- If you want to get the achievement Borrower, remember to give back the book to Professor Morgan in the Tea Shop.
Large copper dish
- Time to get that large copper dish for the Bird Detector. From Shanty Town, go further right to get to Chinatown.
- If you want to get the achievement Junk Junkie, look at (RMB) the Junk Shop and the Restaurant.
- Enter the Restaurant on the right and talk to How Fat. What a beautiful copper gong he has. Speak with Confusion, he will give Nelly a sign chart for Aye-Ching candles, which effects vary from person to person based on their sign. So given that a scent called Startled Muskrat has a calming effect on How Fat, he is the sign of the Penguin. Based on the chart, generosity will be the Cinnamon Fog scent for him and that is the candle we need to get.
- Go to the Pub in Shanty Town and talk with Gusty Nethers. Head back to Van Zandt (blue door on the Promenade). There is a new character there, Shaw – talk to him. Some coins will fall of the table, so pick them up. Talk to him again, to get 6 gold coins. Now speak with Van Zandt about the candle shipment. Give him his 6 coins and go back with the candles to Gusty Nethers in the Pub. He will give Nelly a candle in return, so take the Cinnamon Fog scent.
- If you want to get the achievement Mood Swings, you’ll need to take another scent and swap it with the one in the Restaurant. Do that a couple of times, so that How Fat will show you his mood swings.
- Go to the Restaurant in Chinatown and swap the candles. Talk with How Fat about the Gong and he will kindly give it to you.
Gold-plated metal rod
- For the gold-plated metal rod head to Moses Melly, Quartermaster shop (green door on the left from the Promenade) and try to take the golden Sword on the upper floor. Talk with Melly to find out how he determines if there’s an attack. Now mess with the Eyepiece of the Telescope... ups. Go to the Pub in Shanty Town and look at the coaster nailed to the pillar. Talk to Barman Friday and offer to help. Descend to the Cellar and pick up every Label (one in on the stairs, four on the floor and one on the wall). All of the hints are on the piece of paper from Barman Friday. You can smell the barrels using LPM.
- Green barrel - Dubious Green
- Brown barrel – Infamous Souse
- Yellow barrel – Captain Caustic’s Porthole Cleaner
- Blue barrel – White Ale
- Black barrel – Sour Jim’s Special
- Red barrel – Old Misogynist’s Tipple
- If you want to get the achievement Tug of War, take the Coaster with a little tug boat that’s lying on the floor. Go to the Quartermaster’s Store and use this Tugboat Coaster with the Eyepiece of the Telescope. Tell Moses Melly that he should check the telescope.
- In the Quartermaster’s Store use the Dreadnought Coaster with the Eyepiece of the Telescope. Tell Moses Melly that he should check the telescope. Now go get your sword.
- Return to Vogel Island and give Rackham the Gong and Golden Rapier from your inventory.
Get the ship
- The only thing left is the ship. Go to the Groat Harbour and try to talk with playing cards Privateers on the right. Whiskey will emerge from... actually I don’t know, but talk with him. Now it’s time to give a kick to that Cabin Door from Sanitania. Try to speak with Captain Lear. He wants to hear a story about himself, so now Nelly needs to dig up some dirt on him.
- Go to the Roll Top Desk, Nelly will get a Frame and Cleaning Rag. Go outside and use the Ceaning Rag to scrape off the dirt from the Board. Go to Justice Groat and ask him about Captain Lear, then speak to Enid Frome. She points Nelly to Hetty Lowman, so go to the Pub in Shanty Town and talk to her. Not a chance, she need to sober up. Go to the Tea Shop and use the Self-Service Drinks Machine (or ask Nancy about the drinks offer if she’s still in the shop). Get the Sober Joe and give it to Hetty Lowman in the Pub. She will finally speak to Nelly.
- Go to Chinatown and enter the Junk Shop on the left. Ask Sebastian to wake up Lady Cheng. Pick up the Bottle from the shelf – it’s the Mama Fishcake’s. Get one on the Flickerbye Cans and place in the Flickerbye Projector. Return to Groat Harbour and give the Mama Fishcake’s from your inventory to Whiskey. Go to Captain Lear and tell him a story:
- ... on a voyage to Grockle Island and back.
- ... he was captaining a luxury cruise.
- They promised to give Lear an Exit Permit.
- Her name was The Santiana.
- There is a way to win the trial. You just need to use sentences with specific words in them, so that the judge will connect the dots.
- I see you have lots of time on your hands for reaserch.
- So what if I’ve pocketed a few knick-knacks?
- Looks like you’ve been keeping a watch on me...
- For finally getting out of the island, you’ll get the achievement Take Flight.
- Interrupt El Monos spell.
- Head to the Walk of Shame. Talk to Hombre and play the game. Great, another cheater. Notice how El Mono is dancing. See the lock on Barrel Organs and mimic the dance: right – left – left – right – left – left. Play the game again.
- Go to the Tunnel of Love and speak with Chica. Play the game. Move the hand righ – forward – forward and wait till the El Mono mascot will go up (that happens every other time after Widebeard). Then press the red button.
- Now the last mini game, Chamber of Horrors. Play the game – shoot only at oranges to win.
- If you’ll win at your first try, the achievement Bang! Bang! will pop up.
- To finish this, go to the Hall of Memories.
- If you want to get the achievement Man Perch, talk to Germain.
- We need to get three things: Soul of a Warrior, the Will of a Wise Man and the Spirit of a Huntsman.
Spirit of a Huntsman
- Let’s start with the Spirit of a Huntsman. Go to the Village and talk to Bjorn and Olafssen. Ask about the insurance and then about the Scuppermatic hook – take it from the mannequin. Speak with Eric Redface (sitting on a log to the left). He’ll tell you that he’s a hunter. Perfect! Use the Scuppermatic hook from your inventory on the Jug beside him and then follow him into the forest. Unpack the Packed Lunch in your inventory and use the Flask with Moonshine Still. Go back to the Village... ups. Ok, don’t panic. Talk to the bird, then light your Aye-Ching candle from the Flame on the Still and give it to Snowbird for a good whiff. Now talk to the bird again and go back to the Village.
Will of a Wise Man
- For the Will of a Wise Man, go to the right side of the Village and see some quarreling Vikings. Talk with Sir Finlay Hook and offer your help. So there isn’t anyone who knows the real Latterday, eh? Go back to the Beach and speak with Father Rodstaff. Proclaim that you are not a godless heathen and end the conversation cause it’s not getting anywhere. In your inventory, open the packet of Biscuits (LMB). Get a look on the packet (RMB) and tear out the song on the back (LMB). Now place the Captain Happy Song on the pile of Scrolls. Talk to Father Rodstaff again and tell him you know all the sacred scrolls. Ask about Gull Latterday and go back to the Village. Question both Gull Latterdays and then offer them your ham Sandwitch. Proof!
- If you want to get the achievement Headstones, read all the headstones on the cemetery.
Soul of a Warrior
- Lastly the Soul of a Warrior. Speak with Anders Mayormaker, the kid sitting beneath a stone Monument. We need to find a way to read that book. You should see that the kid was eating something before, so if you didn’t up until now, then just walk around and talk to people until he does. A new dialogue option will pop up – What were you eating just then?, ask it and go talk to Hilda. Ask about the pastries and then about the Hilda Challenge. Nelly will need to prepare for that first. Go to Bjorn and Olafssen and switch your hook to Iron Grip. Take the hook from the mannequin and then challenge Hilda. After the dialogue use the Iron Grip hook from your inventory on Hilda. You’ll get a Pastry, so go and give it to Anders Mayormaker. While he’s distracted, go ahead and read the Book. Now ask Sebastian for help – use him on the Monument and when the camera will go up, use him on the Helm.
- You’ve got everything now, so go to the Beach and into the Geyser.
- For accomplishing that task, you’ll get the achievement Old Geyser.
- Open the Chest on the right.
- Use the Locket from your inventory on the Ray of Light next to Nelly and blind Baroness Widebeard. Point the light to the Stalactite above her.
- Next up, blind Van Zandt and point the light on the middle Stalactite.
- Lastly blind Baron Widebeard and point to the Stalactite above Nelly. Use the Locket on the Ray of Light to bling everybody and then quickly take the fallen Stalactite (don’t worry if the cursor won’t chance) and use it on the Vent behind Nelly.
- Press the red gemstone and then take the Ring.
- For accomplishing the story, you’ll get the achievement New Navigator.